Saturday 28 April 2018

They are back.....

Well the nations favourite seabird is back on the Farnes and its great to see them again. I must admit I do love them, as they just seem to put a smile on my face when I see them and if you know me, then that does not happen very often. Yes, I'm talking about the Puffin.
Everything about the Puffin makes me smile and its great to see them back on the islands and this year is the year of the Puffin, as the National Trust wardens are doing the Puffin census.
This happens every 5 years and it takes 3 months to do but the final figures after the count will be based on the last 5 years so fingers crossed the result will be a good one. I will post again when the results are in.

All the seabirds are lovely but the Puffin stands out with its brightly coloured bill, funky walk and its nodding head, hence its nickname is the "Tommy Noddy"

Anyway they are back and I hope you all get a chance to see them.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Andrew, just what is wanted.