Monday 3 October 2016

Super September

Its not very often I say this but September was a really great month for working on the water around the Farnes.
Well I say working, but it's not really work now is it. All I do is stand or sit, around all day talking into a microphone and telling people about the wildlife and history. I chat to people, give Andy (my crewman) some grief, and watch all the wildlife around the Farne Islands and I even do a bit of photography if I have a spare minute.

It has not been the wildlife that has made September great, as that has been very quiet, but it has been the weather itself. It's not very often that the sea is like glass and it's hardly ever hot out at sea either but this month it has been both.
Near the end of the month it changed but that is to be expected but the rest of it was outstanding.

I use Twitter a lot and I do a thing called "A view from my office window today" and I know it annoys people sometimes and I do tweet the bad weather too but it lets people know what its like and shows you what a hard life I have. lol.

Anyway I have talked enough rubbish now, so I will let the pictures do the talking....


  



 




No comments: