Monday 15 December 2014

Thank You

This morning I was rudely woken by my kids jumping up and down on me shouting Happy Birthday Daddy, and if you know me I'm not a morning person. Give me half an hour then I'm fine, but what can you say to the kids when they are excited for me.

I dragged myself out of my warm cost bed, stumbled down the stairs and into the living room, where the kids were standing beside the chair with present's on it.

The look on their faces was just great to see and the grumpy old sod that stood in front of them had gone, so I sat beside them and started to open my present's.

I got some great gifts from everyone and it was not my normal things I usually get like socks, pants etc, but a quality coat, a good book and some lush chocolate.

I was really pleased with everything I got until I opened my emails and as I read that I has been shortlisted for the UK Blog Awards.

Now that's what I call as birthday present.

If it was not for everyone voting for me then I would have never got to this stage, so a big thank you to everyone who has voted, as I don't do this blog for money or anything like that, I just do it because I like doing it and if you enjoy reading it then that is my reward.

Well so far its been one of the best birthday's I have had for a very long time and everyone out there who is getting older, "just like me" can't be arsed with their own birthday's will understand what I mean by that, so to be even shortlisted for this award is totally amazing.

I don't know when the awards are just yet, but it looks like a trip to London and I have also read the other contenders for the awards so I don't hold much hope.

Once again, thank you to everyone who voted for me and I will keep you all updated.

 

        

1 comment:

HowdonBlogger said...

Good Luck Andrew and many happy returns.

John