Monday 22 October 2012

First Little Auk

On Saturday I was near the Longstone Island when I spotted my first Little Auk of the year.

After not seeing them for a long time you tend to forget how small the are and nippy they can be.
Everytime I pick the camera up to take a picture of it, splash it was gone, and as I looked at my pictures tonight I had loads of it rear end as it was taking a dive.

I did eventually got a picture of the little beauty and hopefully this is the first of many to come. Sorry about the pictures as the light was rubbish but then half an hour later the sun came out. Typical.

We have also had a lot of lingering Razorbills, Guillemots and a few Puffins feeding along the shoreline and around the Islands.




Today was just a stunning day and I got some nice pictures of a wintering baby Puffin, Guillemot and a Razorbill.









No comments: